GTP, or Goods to Person, is a different way of thinking about warehouse picking that moves items to workers rather than workers to items. It cuts down on fatigue, mistakes, and overhead. There are many systems available for all sizes and types of warehouses and businesses, but the general idea is the same. In a GTP system, orders are entered or retrieved from a central database such as an ERP system. Then, automated equipment finds the items in the warehouse, retrieves them, checks them out of inventory, and moves them to the picking area.
This video is a recorded session of the Supply Chain Agility 2022 Virtual Conference. Moderated by Dave Gealy, Director of Client Services at Sedlak Supply Chain Consultants, our trusted partner, Swisslog, along with their client, Ahold Delhaize, provide an overview of GTP technology, how Ahold Delhaize went through the GTP selection process from initial investigation of GTPs through integration into their operations. This video highlights lessons learned, the timeframe from evaluation through the successful fully operational system, and the ultimate benefits achieved.
- Daniel van Gool, Director of E-Commerce Network & Fulfillment Strategy at Ahold Delhaize
- Drew Forte, Vice President, Sales & Consulting, E-Commerce / Retail at Swisslog
In the video, the panelists discuss Ahold Delhaize’s implementation of the GTP eGrocery System in an E-commerce Fulfillment Center Project servicing the GIANT Company Brand in Philadelphia, PA.
The topics covered include:
- A review of Swisslog’s Product Portfolio, specifically their smart technologies & robotics
- An introduction to Ahold Delhaize USA (ADUSA), the largest grocery retail group on the East Coast
- An overview of which automation approaches are most relevant to different use cases
- An explanation of why scoring various players in the market against our table stake criteria suggested AutoStore as the best fit for the project’s business needs
- Details of the successful implementation of the GTP eGrocery System for the GIANT Company
Click here to watch the full video featuring Ahold Delhaize, Swisslog and Sedlak Supply Chain Consultants.
The future is coming faster than you think. If your business needs help staying ahead of the curve, contact Sedlak at email@example.com.